The Horrifying Moment Father and Son Illegally Kill Hibernating Bear & Cubs Before Posing for Pictures [VIDEO]

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

Disturbing video has been released showing a father and son illegally killed a black bear and her two cubs in her den. Published on Wednesday, the footage was captured by a hidden camera that was set up as part of a research study. In the video, 41-year-old Andrew Renner and 18-year-old Owen Renner are shown firing shots at the bears.

[Scroll down for video]

The horrifying footage, according to a report by the Daily Mail, was captured in April 2018 in Alaska on Esther Island in Prince William Sound.

In the video, the two cubs can be heard shrieking after their mother was killed by Owen. Not long after, Andrew fires into the den, killing the two cubs.

“They’ll never be able to link it to us,” says Owen to his father as the pair start dragging the sow bear from the den. They also trade high-fives.

In the video, Owen also poses shirtless with the bear, holding up a paw to display her claws to their camera.

“You and me don’t f*** around,” Owen says to his father. “We pretty much, we go where we want to kill s***.”

According to police, the pair butchered the sow bear off camera, taking meat and the skin away in game bags.

Two days after the initial incident, the pair returned to the scene, collecting their shell casings and removing the cubs’ bodies.

Authorities also state that the father and son brought the skin to the Alaska Department of Fish & Game later, lying about where the bear was from and saying that they didn’t see any cubs.

In Alaska, it is illegal to kill a sow bear with cubs. Killing cubs is also against the law.

Both Andrew and Owen faced multiple charges, including unlawfully taking a sow bear with cubs, unlawfully taking cubs, and the possession and transport of illegally taken game.

Andrew faced additional charges, including tampering with evidence, second-degree falsification, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

In January, Andrew received a five-month jail sentence with two months suspended, was ordered to pay a $20,000 fine with $11,000 suspended, and was required to forfeit a range of items, including a boat and trailer, pickup truck, two handguns, two rifles, two set of backcountry skis, and two iPhones.

For 10 years, his hunting license will also be revoked.

Owen received a suspended jail time sentence, community service, and was ordered to take a hunter’s safety course. His license was also suspended for a period of two years.

Both of them also have to pay $1,800 in restitution.