Family of Teen Killed After Ramming Cop With Stolen Car Speaks Out Against Officers [VIDEO]

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

There is mounting outrage in Bridgeport, Connecticut, after local police shot and handcuffed an accused teenage car thief, leaving the 15-year-old to die in the street. Officers left the uncovered body of Jayson Negron in the open for several hours after he allegedly rammed a police cruiser with a stolen car.

shot 1

[Scroll down for video]
Now, however, a shaky cell phone video has emerged of the incident that gives a conflicting account of what police say went down. Giovanni Rivera, who claims to be Negron’s cousin, has come across a video of the scene after police shot and killed the teen following a short persuit on May 9 and posted the video online on Friday. Bridgeport Police confirmed on Sunday that they too have seen the video.

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 4.33.25 PM

Jayson Negron, 15, a sophomore at Bunnell High School in Stratford, was shot by Bridgeport Officer James Boulay after police say the teen hit the officer with a stolen car on May 9. Negron’s friend and passenger in the car, Julian Fyffe, 21, was also shot but survived. Officer Boulay, 30, has no previous disciplinary record, but is currently on administrative leave pending an investigation.

shot 4

It is unknown how Rivera came into possession of the video, but it shows Negron laying face-down on the ground with his arms handcuffed behind him. A person near the individual filming the incident can be heard saying “Yeah, they shot him. They shot that man.” However, the camera pans away towards other officers arriving at the scene, but when it cuts back to the body four seconds later, Negron’s head is facing the opposite direction.

shot 5

“This is a nightmare. Bridgeport PD told my family they shot Jayson in the head and was dead on scene this video clearly shows otherwise,” Rivera posted on Twitter after the incident. “They left my baby cousin on the ground to die.” Rivera elaborated on his Twitter post in a statement with the Hartford Courant. “It’s very painful to watch, but it’s very important we put it out there because we were lied to by the police” about how Jayson died, Rivera told the Courant. “If that crucial part of the story is a lie, everything else is up for question.”

shot 6

Michael Stratton, the Lawyer representing the Fyffe family, also questions how the police handled the matter. “Police cannot declare someone dead at the scene,” Stratton told the Daily Mail. “You need a doctor or medical examiner. [Police] have no legal right or expertise, nonetheless that’s what happened here. They not only declared him dead, they made sure he was dead by not getting him medical care as he lay handcuffed on the ground.” Stratton also added that there was no evidence that the car was stolen and no drugs or weapons were found on the pair.

h/t Daily Mail