Mystery Deepens as it’s Revealed Mother to be at Gender Reveal Party Mass Shooting Wasn’t Actually Pregnant

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

An investigation into the shooting at a suburban Cincinnati gender-reveal celebration took an interesting turn when the local police determined the woman who was the center of the party wasn’t actually pregnant. The shooting claimed the life of Autumn Garret, and eight others were injured during the incident, including three children.

As reported by the Daily Mail, 21-year-old Cheyanne Willis of Colerain, Ohio, claimed to be pregnant and hosted a party to reveal the gender of her baby. She even posted on Facebook that she was expecting a boy.

Willis was one of the individuals who was shot in the leg during the incident. Two men opened fire inside the home. Willis was treated at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center and released after treatment.

When speaking with local media, Willis claimed she lost her unborn child after sustaining the injury.

Local police released a statement on Monday saying that their investigation was being impeded by “resistance” from the victims and “leads known to be lies.”

The statement issued by local authorities says the Colerain Police Department “have been given information we have found to be false. Hours and days have been wasted following leads known to be lies when they were provided to officers.”

“From the very beginning of this investigation, we have met significant resistance that is uncommon from victims of crime wanting resolution,” the statement read.

“As an example, we were led to believe an unborn child was murdered in this incident only to find out that was not the case. That information is not provided to embarrass anyone, only to provide a fair understanding of the challenges we have faced in the past nine days.”

The Colerain Police Department declined to comment further on “misleading information” though did say they “wish out time had been spent on true leads that would help us remove these dangerous criminals from the streets.”

Police investigators state that a minimum of 14 rounds were fired during the shooting. The two men responsible for the shooting have yet to be identified and are still at-large.