Hundreds of Bikers Bid Farewell to 7 Motorcyclists From Veterans Group who Died After Pick-up Truck Plowed Into Them [VIDEO]

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

Late Friday afternoon, seven bikers met their demise and three others were injured after a 2016 Dodge pick-up truck smashed into them on a two-lane highway. It’s currently unclear who was at fault for the accident as the investigation is still ongoing. On Sunday, an already-scheduled biker ceremony was held, taking the time to remember bikers who lost their lives, including the seven killed on Friday.

[Scroll Down For Video]

The Blessing of the Bikes ceremony, which was held in New Hampshire, saw 400 bikers from all over the United States showing up to support and remember those who have passed from bike-related accidents, the Daily Mail reported.

Blessing of the Bikes ceremonies are held all over the U.S. in the hopes of having a safe motorcycle season. The location of the ceremony in New Hampshire was predetermined months ago and happened to only be 10 miles away from the accident, CNN reported.

Originally, the ceremony was only expecting 200 or so people, but after hearing about the gruesome accident on Route 2, more than double that amount showed up.

According to CBS News, authorities identified the dead as Michael Ferazzi, 62, Albert Mazza, 49, of Lee, New Hampshire; Desma Oakes, 42, of Concord, New Hampshire; Aaron Perry, 45, of Farmington, New Hampshire; Daniel Pereira, 58, of Riverside, Rhode Island; and Joanne and Edward Corr, both 58, of Lakeville, Massachusetts.

Those who passed were all ruled to have died from blunt force trauma. The riders who passed away were part of a New England motorcycle club called “Marine JarHeads.”

Rev. Rich Baillargeon blessed the bikes and their riders as they left the ceremony site, an old church, with a branch dipped in holy water. A moment of silence was held for those who had passed.

Volodoymyr Zhukovskyy, who is 23, was reportedly driving the pick-up truck when the accident happened. He did not require medical assistance and was interview by police before he was allowed to return home.

Authorities are asking the public to send them any video or photos of the accident to help them better put together what happened on that fateful day.