Instead of getting into a contemptuous fight with the Supreme Court over the travel ban signed he signed earlier this year, President Donald Trump has decided to take a different route to make get his policies rolled out.

This morning, President Trump signed a new, revised travel ban with new restrictions.

0301A5

[Scroll Down For Video]

According to a report from the LA Times:

President Trump signed an executive order Monday ordering new travel restrictions for residents of six Muslim-majority countries as well as a temporary ban on refugees from around the world, retooling a directive issued five weeks ago that stoked chaos at airports and drew international condemnation and a rebuke in the federal courts.

The new ban, which takes effect March 16, halts travel for 90 days for residents of Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen. The refugee suspension will last 120 days.

Iraq, whose citizens and nationals had been on the original list of banned travelers, was removed after officials there agreed to accept all Iraqi citizens being deported from the U.S., according to a senior official at the Department of Homeland Security who briefed reporters on the latest plan.

0301A3

Secretary of Defense and former Marine Corps General James Mattis, along with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson were apparently behind the push to have Iraq removed from the list of banned countries.

The new order also has an exemption for current holders of US Green Cards, which while not US citizens, are US residents, and are afforded most of the same rights under the law. The previous order required all green card holders to be carefully vetted each time they traveled to and from the United States. This resulted in several high profile detentions of green card holders.

The new order further clarifies that current travel visa holders will also not be effected.

“If you have travel docs, if you actually have a visa, if you are a legal permanent resident, you are not covered under this particular executive action,” White House adviser Kellyanne Conway said during an interview on Fox and Friends. “Also, Iraq is no longer on the list based on their enhanced screening and reporting measures.”

0301A6

Another major criticism of the first order was how it was rolled out. Critics said it did not give affected individuals enough time to make alternate travel plans and did not give federal agencies enough notice to properly implement new policies in order to adhere to the new rules.

The new order will not go into effect for ten days to allow federal agencies and travelers time to make adjustments in line with the policy.

President Trump’s first version of the travel ban was struck down by several lower federal courts as well as the Federal Court of Appeals. It seemed that a possible Supreme Court battle was shaping up over the bill before the President decided to take the action of drafting a new version of the action.

Here is press conference coverage of the press conference announcing the new executive order: