fdlkm45454

Initial reports indicate that at least five people have been killed and numerous others wounded after two or three people opened fire at the Quebec City Islamic Cultural Center during evening prayers.

According to reports, there could have been anywhere from 40-60 people inside the center at the time of the attack.

Image 202

[Scroll Down For Video]

“Why is this happening here? This is barbaric,” said the mosque’s president, Mohamed Yangui.

Image 200

Yangui is who provided details that at least five people have been killed, police later confirmed the number.

Yangui also said that there were usually somewhere between 40-60 people in the facility during the time of Sunday night evening prayers.

Image 201

According to reports, at least two suspects opened fire on the crowd armed with what is being described as “AK-47” style rifles. Reports also indicate that at least two people have been taken into custody.

Image 205

Some witness statements indicate that there may have been a third shooter, but there is no indication that a third shooter has been located or is being sought.

Image 204

A massive security perimeter has been setup around the property and a massive police presence is in the area.

Earlier in 2016, a pig’s head was left on the doorstep of the same facility packed in gift wrapping along with a note that said, “Bon appétit.”

fgfgdf

Quebec has been dealing with increased aggression against Muslims in recent months.

A video being shared on social media shows some of the aftermath of the incident.