President Obama has been known to blatantly lie about how good his tenure has been. In typical Obama fashion, he attempted to puff up himself and his former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton. But as is the norm with Obama, his speech was riddled with lies.
1. Obama painted a rosier picture of the economy than it really is. Obama said, “We’ve seen deficits come down, 401(k)s recover, an auto industry set new records.” In actuality Ronald Reagan inherited the worse economy to date. According to USA Today, while deficits have declined under Obama, “they are expected to rise again soon under his proposed budget.”
2. Obama lied about the troops. He said that “we brought more of our troops home to their families.” Problem is, 75 percent of U.S. soldier deaths in Afghanistan have occurred under Obama.
3. He also lied about the success of his diplomacy. Obama stated that his diplomacy “shut down Iran’s nuclear weapons program” and “opened up a new chapter with the people of Cuba.” This is false, the Iran deal has helped pave the way for terror states to obtain nuclear weapons sooner rather than later. Castro brother’s have tighten there fist and regime.
4. Obama twisted his administration’s record on ISIS. Under the Obama administration there have only been “pinprick” strikes against ISIS, terror attacks occur more frequently. He also said that “Hillary won’t relent until ISIL is destroyed”–which is laughable since Clinton is part responsible for ISIS.
5. Obama also lied about Clinton’s foreign policy credentials. According to The Daily Wire, Clinton’s foreign policy record is horrendous, highlighting the death of four brave American soldiers in Benghazi.
6. Obama says “that illegal immigration and the crime rate are as low as they’ve been in decades. These are both blatantly false. 2016 is poised to break a record for the number of illegal immigrants that have entered the country. As for crime, here are the relevant stats from Heather Mac Donald.
7. Obama said Clinton knows “that democracy doesn’t work if we constantly demonize each other. Clinton has stated numerous times that Republicans are her enemy, and has demonized the victim of her husbands’ sexual philandering. Clinton has built her political legacy on demonizing others.
8. Obama also said that Clinton “knows that acknowledging problems that have festered for decades isn’t making race relations worse – it’s creating the possibility for people of good will to join and make things better. And yet Clinton tweeted that “white Americans need to do a better job of listening when African Americans talk about the barriers they face” after a black nationalist murdered five police officers in Dallas, TX, hardly the kind of healing rhetoric that was needed.
9. Obama thinks that “our country is stronger and more prosperous than it was when we started. The problem is that the American people don’t agree, as 73 percent feel the country is headed in the wrong direction.