Military

Jordan Releases Video of Green Berets Being Murdered By Jordanian Sergeant Turned Terrorist

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

Video of the deaths of three Green Berets from November contradicts the Jordanian military’s original account of how the deaths occurred. The claim that the U.S. Special Forces had not followed popper protocol as they entered the base seems to be lies. In fact, the three men had their hands up as the Jordanian Sergeant opened fire on their vehicle.

[Scroll Down for Video]

The footage, released Monday, shows exactly what happened on November 4 at King Faisal Air Base. Staff Sgt. Matthew C. Lewellen, 27, Staff Sgt. Kevin J. McEnroe, 30, and Staff Sgt. James F. Moriarty, 27, were murdered.

A Jordanian 1st Sgt., Marik al-Tuwayha, fires at the four-vehicle U.S. convoy. The American soldiers wave their arms to show that they’re unarmed, yet even as they did, the Jordanian continued to fire. There are moments as al-Tuwayha reloads, and the Americans try desperately to show they’re not fighting back.

Two men took cover behind a barrier while al-Tuwayha keeps firing. Al-Tuwayha keeps shooting, closing in on his targets.

It is unclear, still, what caused this shooting. It looks nothing like the original Jordanian account. Many, from the beginning, said that this was an act of terrorism.

SOFREP sums up the argument like this: “The slaying of three Green Berets came after years of the Special Forces soldiers assigned to the CIA’s Timber Sycamore program complaining that the moderate rebels they had been sent to train were actually ISIS and al-Nusra infiltrators. The vetting that the CIA does of the rebels is dubious at best, consisting of bio-metric trace searches in old databases which are far from comprehensive. The Special Forces soldiers have repeatedly brought up the fact that the rebels they have to train have also failed their polygraphs and display allegiances to Islamists during interviews.”

The Pentagon is not commenting on this, and has deflected comments to Jordan. “The Department of Defense respects the Jordanian judicial process and supports their efforts toward transparency and openness regarding this incident,” Maj. Adrian J.T. Rankine-Galloway wrote in a statement.

An U.S. Special Operations Command investigation found the U.S. soldiers “were acting in compliance with all procedures and accepted practices.”

After U.S. government saw the video, the Jordanian government began changing their story. They charged al-Tuwayha with premeditated murder. He continues to profess his innocence. He claims he heard a pistol shot and was acting accordingly.

The guard pleaded not guilty and insisted he was acting in accordance with open-fire regulations. He said during his testimony he heard a pistol shot and feared the base was being attacked.

Fox is reporting that he was sentenced last week to life in prison with hard labor. “I only did my duty,” he shouted as the verdict was announced.